Sunday, July 18, 2010
The Arlington Animal Hospital has been in business in the same location since 1938. There have been five veterinarians/owners in that time. The current lead vet, Frederick B. Jones DVM, who was trained at Tuskegee Institute, continues the multi-generational service to pet owners in the community.
Pictured along with him is specialist Katerina Kavkazskaya.
The vintage sepia photograph pictures the building site under construction in 1938, with a view along Columbia Pike to the east
The black dog in the waiting room is "Moose."
The facility is located at 2624 Columbia Pike Arlington VA 22204.
Photography by Lloyd Wolf